24 June 2012

Players

players1-0612
players4-0612
players2-0612
players3-0612
players5-0612

Yesterday was the 11th Annual Player Invitational. Over the years, we've missed only one of them. It's a great day, benefiting an excellent cause -- the One Step at a Time Camp for children with cancer -- and is in memory of our friend Jeff, who battled leukemia as a child and was a camper at One Step. Over the past years, Brian's golfed, and I've met up with him for dinner. But last year, Lora somehow talked me into actually golfing. And, we had such a blast, I signed up to golf again. How do I put this ... I absolutely stink. Putting is pretty much the only thing I can do half way decent. I can't believe I found a group of people that actually puts up with my shenanigans. And guess what? Once again it was super fun. Best ball. That's my kind of golf game. As a group, we hit par, which I thought was awesome. Until we found out that the winning team had 11 under. Whatever. After golf, there's dinner, auctions, and just hanging out with some pretty awesome people. While we didn't bid on tickets to a soccer game in England again, I did get a new tennis racquet that I'm pretty excited about. What a perfectly great day.

No comments: