26 June 2011

The 10th Annual Player Invitational

theride-0611

Yesterday morning, we loaded up the boys and the dog in the car and took them to my parents for the day. It was the big golf outing! Every year our friends Scott & Ali put on The Player Invitational -- benefitting the One Step Camp for kids with cancer and leukemia and in honor of their brother Jeffery. This was the tenth year it's been running and the Jeffery Schwebel Foundation is now the third largest donor to the camp. I always attend the dinner, and sometimes volunteer. But somehow, my friend Lora talked me into actually golfing. Here we are:

theplayer1-0611

Intimidating, I know. Thank goodness for the rest of the group -- especially Bill. This may be a surprise, but I still stink at golf. Except there was this one hole where I sunk a super long putt and saved the day. It was pretty exciting. The End. I figured that might be the case, so took a picture of the hole.

theplayer2-0611

We somehow managed to survive 18 holes, and honestly, it went by pretty fast! And I had fun. I think Brian did too. With me -- in the same cart. Golfing....

theplayer3-0611

After golf, we had dinner -- my sister-in-law and mother-in-law came too, which was great. There's also a silent auction and live auction. I managed to score a 3-month gym membership, and Liverpool soccer tickets. Don't ask. But it does look like we are going to Liverpool with Lora and Bill. I'm still not really sure what happened because it was not discussed at all, but once the bidding started, we were somehow in the mix ... and won. But I kind of can't wait.

theplayer4-0611

No comments: