I know this was not a great year for many people. At work, I'm thrilled to be able to say good-bye to 2009. It was crazy and insane. Brian and I were fortunate to survive during a time of budget cuts and lay-offs. But overall, I have to say, 2009 was a really great year for our family. Some of the highlights of our year were:
- Taking the boys skiing (twice)
- Brian and the boys surprised me with a trip to California (just me)
- Key Lime Cove with Grandma and the Kramers
- Attending our very first murder mystery party
- Visiting Florida over H's 7th birthday (more, more, and more)
- Spending a week in the house Brian grew up visiting each summer (more, more, more, more, more, more, more, more, and more)
- Competing in, and finishing, my first triathlon (and then we did one the following week too)
- A vacation with Brian to the Amalfi Coast (more, more, more, more, more, more, and more)
- C turned 5
- I turned 40
- Brian and I celebrated our 10th Anniversary
- Saw U2 -- and had an awesome view
- Brian and Chris rode with our friend Jeff to help raise awareness for his organization, Pablove
It's a blue moon tonight (the first NYE blue moon since 1990) -- that has to be a good sign.
Here's to a great 2010!