23 February 2009

California Revisited

I had so much fun in California this weekend. Brian definitely is husband of the year, and I truly appreciate that he did this for me. I still can't believe it! It's something I never would have done it myself, and everything was perfectly planned on his part -- even down to the Beach House mix that he put together on my iPod.

My friend Y picked me up from the airport, and the moment I arrived, it was non-stop. She was nothing but fabulous. We went to Chateau Marmont for lunch, where my friend Minh met up with us. So much fun. We saw Benji Madden, Bryan Adams, Christian Louboutin and an artist who's name I thought I had, but can find.

After I checked into my hotel -- the beautiful Shade in Manhattan Beach -- my friends came over and we went for dinner at Petros where we dined on a peach salad, calamari and a roasted chicken with feta.

The next morning, after 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep, I woke up and went on a 5 mile run along The Strand. Then we went to lunch at Rock 'n Fish, shopped a bit, visited friends and I had my first Pinkberry. That evening, I went with Y and G to Koi. We ate crispy rice, Kobe beef, rock shrimp tempura, miso cod and some other yummy sushi. Oh, and we saw Dave Navarro.

The last day (yes, it's here already ...) I borrowed one of the cruisers from the hotel and rode The Strand, stopping to take some self-portraits and to watch the hundreds of surfers that were out that day. Then we walked the neighborhood, grabbed a quick lunch at Le Pain Quotidien and it was time to go. Yes, already! It was incredible. Thank you B!

No comments: