14 February 2009

Valentine's Day 09

We had so much fun this Valentine's Day...

We took the el downtown and went to the Art Institute of Chicago (fyi - it's free the month of February)


H & C created a Joseph Cornell inspired art piece.

They loved the Miniature Rooms,

and looking for paintings with trains.

We walked up Michigan Ave. and visited the Lego Store.

Ate lunch. When we got home I ran to the grocery store, then we had fondue. Brian and the boys surprised me with chocolates ... and a weekend in Manhattan Beach! Just me. Alone. Can you believe it? I'm excited. I'm nervous. I'm in shock. I'm going to miss my family. But, I can't wait.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I'm so jealous I could puke. I don't know what I envy more - a trip to the Art Institute (god, I miss good museums - seriously lacking on the west coast) or the thought of a trip WITHOUT CHILDREN. At this point, I'd settle for a meal without children... Congrats - Brian is a really great guy (I knew that already, but this confirms it.)

Penny said...

Ang, of all of the people I know you are the most deserving of this trip/break. ENJOY IT!!!!

Oh, and thanks for letting us know about free days at the Art Institute. We are totally going to take advantage.....

Mel said...

Wow!! What an amazing Valentine you have in your life...You are going to have such fun on your trip. I cannot imagine heading our for a day while on vacation with only a purse!