26 June 2012

Beach Day

photo-3
photo-4
photo-6
photo-5

The boys spent last night at my parents. As much as I adore my kids, it's always kind of nice to have a night free. Ok, it's really nice. I went on my first group bicycle ride of the season last night. Ouch! But super fun. I had a nice run this morning. And then I met my dad -- who chaperoned their golf lesson, my mom, niece, nephew and the boys for lunch and a little beach time afterwards. The kids favorite thing to do is fish, and thankfully my mom is ok helping with worms (she digs her own up from the yard) and H doesn't mind touching fish. They caught a ton today, and had an absolute blast.

Sad news of the day ... we came home to a couple crows (bullies of the birds, if you ask me) in our robin's nest. We scared them away, but it was too late. It was heartbreaking watching mama come back to the nest and carry the empty eggs away. She came back, sat in the nest for a bit and flew away. I'm sure she's already moved on, but I'm still upset. Stupid crows.

No comments: