01 June 2012

It's Been Too Long

gbyvst1-0612

Twelve years ago was the last time we saw our friend Gaby. It was a year after our wedding -- which she was a guest at -- when Brian and I made a trip to Germany to visit friends and my host-family, all who had made the long journey to celebrate our special day with us. Sadly, we didn't stay in touch over those years, but Gaby's name definitely comes up in our house. We shared some really good times with her, and Brian and I always wonder what she is up to. A few weeks ago I got an email from Gaby, saying her husband was the Chicago area for work, that she and her son would be joining him for a couple weeks and were we available for a visit. Tonight, they came to Wisconsin. The visit was far too short, but seeing her and meeting her husband and son was absolutely amazing. I sure hope it doesn't take another twelve years until we get the chance to meet again.

gbyvst2-0612

No comments: