30 December 2010

Year in Review

happynewyear10

I'm signing off for the new year. Getting ready to soak in some family time. Once again, another year has gone by in the blink of an eye. I know I'm an old dog learning new tricks, but I really do think I'm getting better at some things, and will continue working on them in the new year. I need to remind myself to be patient, not to worry so much, take a little time out for myself, relish the little things, take better care of myself again and just live life to it's fullest. Who knows -- maybe I'll even make a Life List. Anyone else ever dream of holding a monkey? Maybe it's just me....

Anyhow, despite my foot surgery, a knee replacement for Brian's mom and medical issues with my mom (even Storm has surgery this year -- we're all falling apart), overall, we've been very fortunate again this year. 2011 is going to be a year of change for us, and I'm really excited. Back in October, Brian accepted a Creative Director position in Milwaukee. He's there during the week and home on weekends. It's ok and we are getting by, but we will all be happy to be back together as a family again. We'll be listing our house in the new year, and after 18 years of being in Chicago (23 for Brian), we are going to be making our way north again. (Never in a million years thought we'd be saying that, but it's a good thing). It will be busy around here, for sure. But we have a lot to look forward to, and lots to be thankful for. We are surrounded by loving, supportive friends and family. And when it comes down to it, really, what more do you need? Here's some highlights of our past year.

- Taking the boys skiing a couple times
- Long walks home with C
- Visits from family
- H turned 8 (and had a very medieval birthday party)
- Even though it was very hectic, H's t-ball season was pretty fun -- and he had a blast
- C graduated from Montessori school
- The boys spoiled me on Mother's Day (Brian was out of town)
- H&C went to Florida for a week with my parents and visited Disney
- I completed a couple triathlons again (Brian finished his first half Ironman)
- We enjoyed several awesome dinners with friends (just wait for next year -- we've got a biggie planned!!)
- We spent a week in upper Wisconsin with my parents, sister and her family
- C started Kindergarten, and H 3rd Grade
- C turned 6 (and turned our backyard into a dog pound)
- We went camping with friends
- Brian, H, C and I went to visit my host-family in Germany and spent a couple days in Copenhagen

Not too shabby, if you ask me. So, here's to the best year ever in 2011!

1 comment:

Mel said...

Great recap of a memorable year! I think there are many exciting things the horizon for the Pfour in 2011 even though I am in denial about most of them.