24 August 2010

First Day of School 2010

H (grade 3) and C (kindergarten) - first day of school 2010

It seems like just yesterday we were taking H to his first day of first grade. As we were leaving the house, he said "You know what? I think I'm getting pretty used to this stuff." C had a great first day (hour) of school too. He's kind of freaked out about one thing -- that he can't read. He even made me go back to the classroom to tell his teacher this fact. She assured him that while some kids do know how read, he'll be like most of the kids in his classroom this year. After we picked H up again (he had three hours of school), we came home and had a first day of school picnic in the back yard. I'm very excited for this year! And I think H & C are too.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

When did they get so big? Ted starts Kindergarten on the ninth and I'm not sure which of us is the most excited.

Marketing Mommy said...

I didn't realize there was a difference in the way kindergartens were run from one OP school to the next. Z's first day at Lincoln was 3 hours. She loved every minute.