30 August 2010

Ground Cherries

We haven't made it to the Farmer's Market as often as we'd like this summer, but were able to go this weekend. I wanted everything! Sweet, sweet corn, fresh tomatoes, peaches, micro-greens, beets, giant sunflowers. You name it. C wanted to try a wheatgrass shot and completely downed it. He had a cute little grass stain on his forehead most of the day from where the cup hit his head. Everything at the market was so amazing. One of the stands had these -- ground cherries. I've never seen or heard of them, but let me tell you, they are weird and absolutely delicious. They are like a berry with a firm(er) tomato texture. Yum!

1 comment:

Andrew R. Schultz said...

What a coincidence that you posted this. These grow along my fence at my new place in Berwyn, and last night my neighbors were out harvesting them! I was so confused... I thought they were so cool looking but had no idea they were edible.