12 August 2010

Presque Isle - Day 7

My niece and I went horse-back riding again. When we went the last time, she was in the intermediate group (my mom, dad and sister -- who showed up in flip flops and ended up having to put on my sweaty stinky Vans, tee hee). But Brian and I were on a walking ride with the boys since it was their first time riding by themselves. M absolutely loves horses, and I thought it sounded fun to trot and lope, so the two of us decided to go again. The two of us had a great time. The farm also has a goat, a rooster and a bunch of kittens -- two larger ones, and two litters of 5 that somehow got mixed together by a group and now have to stay together. I've had cats, and while I'm pretty much 100% sure we will never get another one (unless we live on a farm and it's an outdoor cat), these were so absolutely adorable that I'm lucky I didn't end up bringing one home. After another day on the lake, the evening was spent at Carlin Lodge for Oktoberfest. What a riot. The Johnny Wagner Band played. Guess what? They are from Chicago. Funny. They played the Swiss Alphorn (here's a tune "that showcases the beauty of the Alphorn" -- their words, not mine), as well as the Austrian Cowbells (the kids wouldn't leave until we heard them played again -- we had front row seats and just had to make sure we didn't get spit on by that Alphorn). We had been kind of gearing up for this night the whole week, but totally crashed. We had to leave early the next morning, and were all just plain tired. But we sure had fun while we were there.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I. Want. A. Kitten.