13 August 2010

The Best Summer Ever

A few weeks ago, if you even mentioned the word 'school' to me, I would get a sick feeling in my stomach. The thought of getting the boys out the door in the a.m., forms, homework, schedules, etc. is absolutely daunting to me. I have to admit, after vacation, I'm refreshed, and warming up the the whole idea a bit. But today, reality hit. We had to say good-bye to our summer sitter, who is headed back to college. She was absolutely amazing -- we all adored her. The boys were always at the pool or on the go, visiting the Museum, the Zoo, Blackberry Farm, the Conservatory, or Arboretum. They were all over, and had, as H said, "the best summer ever." I came home to a great gift -- a scrapbook of some of their journeys together over the last few months. I love it. When it comes down to it, I'm actually super excited for H & C -- I think it's going to be a great school year for them. But, wow, what a great time they have had this summer. Thanks Leanne!

No comments: