20 August 2010

Publican. Yes, Again

At our last perfect night of dining with Leif & Melissa, we decided that it was imperative to set up another outing. Immediately. We picked the Publican. I really think it is one of my favorite places to go right now, and we had, yet again, another great meal. We ate oysters, ahi tuna escabeche {with artichokes, potatoes, preserved lemons and almonds}, the taste of three hams, feijoada {pork tenderloin, shoulder, chorizo, kale and cranberry beans}, sweetbreads {fennel, apples, fresh ham}, frites with egg, carrots {with black olives, harissa and burrata}, and the waffle for dessert. Of course, we had some of the most delicious beers ever. My favorite of the night was the Sint Bernardus Wit. Ok, I may have even had a couple. It was the Elsmo's first time eating there, and we definitely have some favorite items on the menu, so we went all out. I'm not sure whether or not the Publican does this often, but they were also offering a wine dinner for $35/person that included three courses and a dessert plus two wine pairings. I thought that was a pretty good deal, and will have to keep my eyes open. It might be a fun way to enjoy another dinner there. But our meal last night ... perfect.

2 comments:

Penny said...

OK, sign me up for the wine dinner!!! I can't wait to go back. We are already planning a Ferrigno family outing in September!

Mel said...

Had such an amazing time! I have been thinking about that waffle more than I care to admit! Cheers until next time!