11 July 2010

Pewaukee Triathlon

Today, I rolled out of bed at 4:15 a.m. to get ready for the Pewaukee Triathlon. It's my second time doing this particular event -- last year it was my first triathlon ever -- which means, it's the first time I've ever done the same event twice. I wasn't going to even look at my time from last year. Too much pressure. But at the last minute, I changed my mind and I'm happy to report that I was 5 minutes faster this year, for a time of 1:41:20. My sister did the race too, and was 6 minutes faster than her time last year -- 1:31:20. We both had really good races. I've got to say, I'm not sure what it is about this particular event, but it just seems like there were a lot of really fit people at this race. Overall, I was 732 out 1199, 185 out of 429 females, 33 out of 67 in my age group. I'm pretty happy to be average, but let me tell you, this is not an easy race! The swim is shorter, but it pretty aggressive (lots of body contact) and the lake itself is very weedy. As for the bike and run, it's really a beautiful route, but hilly. No excuse, but where I live, it's flat. I did improve my bike and run, but would love to start spending more time on a bike. Anyhow, it was a good day. Brian was awesome getting up early with me, helping Christie and me with our bikes, and cheering us on. I really appreciated it.

As for the rest of the weekend, we drove up to Wisconsin on Saturday, dropped off the boys, then took my Dad's Harley to pick up the race packets. We rode our bikes to one of the lakes where we met my parents, the boys, my sister and her kids, and had a beautiful swam. The best thing about the day though, is that Brian took H to his first baseball game. Our friend Jesse was throwing the first pitch at the Brewers game, and we thought it would be a great game for H to see. He had an absolute blast. Makes me tired just thinking about all of this! It was a great weekend.

1 comment:

Penny said...

Congrats, rock star!!