03 July 2010

Visit to Racine

Brian's mom had knee replacement surgery a month ago. She finally got to go home today, after spending time in the hospital and then a nursing home so she could recover. There's still a way to go with her recovery -- it's a pretty major deal -- but it's got to feel great to be home. After the Germany vs. Argentina World Cup soccer game (4-0, way to go Deutschland!) we headed up to Wisconsin to visit for the afternoon. It was a beautiful day. Brian and I went grocery shopping for his mom, and took the long way home, driving by the lakefront. Honestly, the lakefront in Racine is one of my favorites. It's really pretty amazing.

On the way back home, we decided to take the boys to the cemetery where Brian's dad is buried. We've taken H there once before, but it was a long time ago. Brian's dad passed away a week and a half before H was born. It's interesting, because the boys have been asking a lot of questions about him lately. A few weeks ago, H asked if he liked fishing (one of H's favorite things to do). I had to laugh, because Brian's dad was a fishing fool! He absolutely loved it. And I could totally picture H & Pat up north on a fishing boat. All. Day. Long. Needless to say, I think he would have gotten a kick out of my crazy boys. And I'm pretty sure the boys would adore him too.

1 comment:

Chris F said...

Best post ever! How awesome!