31 July 2011

Turning 15

jbughbday1-0711
jbughbday2-0711
jbughbday3-0711

My aunt and uncle from South Carolina are in town for a week. They are staying at my mom and dad's house, and brought their oldest two grandchildren for a visit. Plus, my cousin from Tampa just took a job and moved to Wisconsin -- I guess I can't call him my cousin from Tampa any more. Anyhow, his wife, Amy and their two daughters are visiting for a few weeks. Last week was my nephew's 15th birthday. I'm not sure how in the world he got so old. He's such a nice guy, and a really great person to be around. For his birthday, he just wanted to have his family over for a hamburger bar, which was completely ok by us. And of course, no party at my family's is complete without fireworks.

(Oh, earlier in the day, I went on a bike ride with my sister, her husband, my cousin, and Brian. It was so much fun getting out, and for sure a fun group to be with, but definitely not a great ride for me. It was scorching hot out, and while I did fine on the flat areas, it's a really hilly area, and they absolutely got the best of me. I had to get off my bike more than once to even get up them -- something I've never done before. There's a road near us with one big hill -- needless to say, I better get my behind over and start practicing.)

No comments: