10 July 2011

Pewaukee Triathlon

pewkeetri0-0711
pewkeetri1-0711
pewkeetri2-0711
pewkeetri3-0711
pewkeetri4-0711

Brian and my sister competed in the Pewaukee Triathlon today. The boys, Tina and I drove out early this morning to watch. I've done this race the past couple years, but decided not to sign up for anything this summer. I just knew any sort of training would be completely inconsistent, and I didn't want the pressure this year. Of course, Brian works out less than I do and still can go into these races feeling fairly confident. During the swim, two groups of baby ducklings tried crossing where the swimmers were. One group succeeded (second photo down). Can you imagine swimming in a race, sticking your head up for air or to see where you are going, and having a duck floating in front of you? It happened to a couple people. Too funny. H was waiting for Brian near the finish line, and got to run across with him. There were a couple 11 year olds competing this year, which is pretty amazing to me. There was a 79 year old man too! Totally awesome. When we got home, H and I went for a 5K run. I think it was harder than he thought it would be. But it's a start! You never know.

No comments: