11 July 2011

Milwaukee Public Museum

mpm1-0711
mpm2-0711
mpm3-0711
mpm4-0711
mpm5-0711
mpm5a-0711

mpm6-0711
mpm7-0711

I cannot remember the last time I went to the Milwaukee Public Museum. Probably high school, which was just a couple years ago. Obviously. Every Monday is free for Milwaukee County residents, so I thought it would be the perfect thing to do today. The butterfly exhibit was the highlight for the boys. C was bummed out that butterflies weren't coming to him. But on our way out the door, a giant one landed right on his face. And stayed there for a long while, which completely made up for it. (That's not my voice in the video by the way.) I thought walking the streets of Old Milwaukee was cool for Tina. Both of my kids were creeped out by it though. H doesn't like old stuff. And C doesn't like "fake people." Goof balls. I remember liking the museum when I was younger, but I have a feeling I might have been on one too many field trips there throughout the years. But it was better than I remembered it, and I can't wait to get back.

3 comments:

Mel said...

That video is just amazing!!

Marian said...

Wow! That butterfly was huge! He did well to stay still and play it cool.
Oh, the memories of that museum, too! We may be coming to WI next summer, and the museum is on my list of places I want to take the kids.

Ali said...

That video is great! Totally need to take august there. He would get a kick out of it.