07 July 2011

Brewers Game

brewersgame1-0711
brewersgame2-0711
brewersgame3-0711
brewersgame4-0711
brewersgame5-0711

Tonight we headed over to Miller Park for a Brewers game. I hadn't been to one for about ten years -- it was the night we told some of our friends we were pregnant with H, and right after the new stadium was built. Brian and H went to a game last year, but his was C's first baseball game, and Tina's of course. Can I be honest? I get a little bored after the third inning -- I think C feels the same way. But it was fun, and H and Tina loved it. We did a little tailgating. And the stadium is really pretty great. The first night we were in Wisconsin after the move, we ran into Prince Fielder at a restaurant. Did I ever mention that? H went up to him and got his autograph, so it was pretty cool when he scored the first run of the night. The first pitch was done by Hornsewaggle, which was kind of funny. And of course, we watched the sausage race. My Bratwurst didn't come in first. But the Brewers ended up winning 5-4. Fun night.

1 comment:

Marian said...

Hi, Angie! Looks like you're having a great, Wisconsin summer. So cool to have one of your host family's kids there! As I read your post, I was nodding in agreement about getting bored with baseball games... but the people-watching usually makes up for it. Which all reminded me of going to a Brewers game with the AFS crew long, long ago. I remember that we could spot Maci Minzoni (spelling?) from all the way across the stadium because of her stereotypically huge Italian gesturing! Anyway, fun memories, and I wish you continued fun through the summer : )