22 May 2010

Galena - Scenes

Brian, the boys and I all took off Friday so we could spend a little time in Galena. It's about a three hour drive from our house. Fortunately, the scenery is breath-taking. After checking into the house, we headed into town for some lunch at One Eleven Main. We also did a bit of shopping -- but since I'm not really a big fan of stores, and the boys were with, we spent the most amount of time in candy stores. Next Brian and I went to the lake to set up his swim to bike transition, and meet Tim and Christie. It's a pretty complicated transition set up since the bike to run transition is at a different location. (Plus my sister got lost. Plus she forgot her purse earlier in the day and had a turn around.) So it took awhile. We were planning on having dinner at the house, but after driving around farmland forever from one place to the other, and finding out the nearest grocery store was far away, we decided to meet the rest of the gang and have dinner at the hotel. After wards, the boys, my niece and I hit the hot tub while the rest went to bed to prepare for the big day.

No comments: