27 May 2010

Bunnies

Well, this is just great. Look what Storm uncovered today! A nest of (very new) baby bunnies in our back yard. Come on, didn't the rabbit smell that this beast lives here? His entire nose was shoved in the hole. He did manage to pulled one up, but dropped it right away leaving the bunny unharmed. I think I freaked him out with my crazy lady screaming. You see, I just don't fare well with these types of situations. I know they are wild animals and all, but I can't help but feel slightly responsible for their survival. And all I want to do is gaze out the window and watch the nest. Tonight I spent a good part of the evening staring out as the mom rabbit returned to the nest and to feed them. I'm not sure how long this whole process is going to take, but I'm assuming it's at least a couple weeks. This means good news and bad news for Storm. The bad news is, there will be no unattended lounging in the backyard for the big guy. The good news is, he'll sure be getting a lot of walks.

No comments: