02 August 2011

Date Night

datenight1-0811
datenight2-0811

My parents took the kids home from the game last night. H had his last golf lesson today, and C had tennis. What does that mean? Date night for Brian and me! Whoot, whoot! I'm sorry, I'm sounding really spoiled. My parents have been taking the boys once a week since we moved here. But I usually join a women's bike group on those nights, and when I come home around 8:15 pm, we have dinner at home. That's been really super nice too -- don't get me wrong. But when we realized that we had an extra night with no plans, we decided to go to the Harbor House for dinner. It was so nice. Beer, oysters, lobster roll. Yum. It was threatening to rain all night, and the sky was doing some amazing things. We sat at the more casual bar area, and had a great view of the Milwaukee skyline, and one of my favorite places in the world, the Milwaukee Art Museum. On the way home, we stopped at Scott & Ali's. Perfect!

P.S. C called me to tell me he had the worst day ever. Apparently he was stung by a wasp at the beach! And to top things off, someone took his polo shirt when he was swimming. He was bummed. But H was excited. He lost a tooth (it's only his 6th, and he's 9.5 years old!), and the tooth fairy came to my parent's. Thank goodness!

P.P.S. Thanks to our real estate agent who got us a gift card to the Harbor House. We really enjoyed it.

No comments: