11 August 2011

Wisconsin State Fair

wiscfair7-0811
wiscfair8-0811
wiscfair2-0811
wiscfair5-0811
wiscfair3-0811
wiscfair4-0811
wiscfair6-0811
wiscfair9-0811
wiscfair10-0811
wiscfair11-0811
wiscfair12a-0811
wiscfair12-0811
wiscfair1-0811
wiscfair13-0811

I'm not ashamed to admit this -- I absolutely love the State Fair. I think deep down, I was meant to be a farmer. I'd be pretty good at it too, as long as other people did all the work. That's a tough life, but I sure do respect it. The boys had earned free passes from our local library through their summer reading program. Honestly, we pretty much sucked at reading this summer. But admission to the State Fair was one prize that they actually received. That an a sandwich coupon for Subway which we have not yet redeemed. My favorite part about the State Fair is seeing all the animals. I especially love the cows and pigs. I kid you not, I scratched behind one of the pigs ears and the thing plopped down like a dog so I could pet it's belly. The owner verified this for me, so I know it's true. So cute. Also, after seeing two kids laying on top and resting with their cows, H & C now think they would make a great pet. Besides the animals, there is food, food, food. We had roasted corn, slushies, lemonade, cotton candy, and split a world famous cream puff. C wanted to try the deep fried butter. Gross. We didn't get it. I wanted the cheese curds, but no one would share with me. And then there are rides. We didn't even go into that area since I won't let the boys ride those death traps. H really wanted to go on the giant slide, but C was being a pain. He said he didn't want to ride at that time -- he wanted to wait to later. Too bad we didn't find that out until we were in the car. Needless to say, H didn't ride the slide (hence, the sad face), but he did get to use the bungee trampolines. It was his favorite part of the Fair, he said. And C's? The cotton candy.

P.S. Got some other great news today! Our friend Jesse was named head coach of the Montreal Impact! Way to go!

1 comment:

kramercreatives said...

I am with H on the cow as a pet thing...trying to convince my husband of that.