29 August 2011

Happy 7th Birthday, C!

csbirthday0-0811

See this boy? This is my baby. My baby who turned 7 years old today. I really just can't believe it. He's awesome, and stubborn, and funny, and a challenge. For example, today we decided to go for a walk after dinner. He got to walk the dog, and started doing goofy things and simply not listening, so we told him he couldn't walk Storm any more. He got mad, just let the dog on the leash go, and stood in the middle of the road, refusing to walk. This happened a block from our house. They are little things, but things that happen on a daily basis, multiple times a day. Nothing can be easy or uncomplicated. The next minute, he'll turn around and say something so funny and clever, and you can't help but laugh. Let's just say, I absolutely can't imagine our world without this little guy. I adore him to no end.

Last year I did a little Q & A with him, and thought I'd ask the same questions. Fortunately, he agreed to answer them.


Favorite color: purple
Favorite food: hard shell tacos
Favorite drink: apple juice
Favorite toy: Storm (our dog ... isn't that just great)
Favorite TV show: Power Rangers
Favorite subject in school: I don’t know
Favorite animal: big fat pigs
Favorite sport: soccer
Favorite day of the week: Sundays (because you can have sundaes - answer hasn't change, but I'm not sure I've ever made sundaes on Sunday. Not a bad concept!)

To celebrate C's birthday, Nina and my sister's kids came for a visit. We had sushi for lunch (well, C and I did -- the others had Hibachi). It was so fun. He even got "Happy Birthday" sung to him, which was hilarious. Then we went hiking at the Schiltz Audubon Nature Center. I had been wanting to go all summer, and it was really great. Smaller trails, perfect for the little ones, but really lovely. I can't believe stuff like this is right in our backyard. Next, we went to Winkie's, which C had been talking about all day long since it's his favorite store in the wold wide world. Scott & Ali had gotten him a gift certificate there -- it couldn't have been a more perfect birthday present. We had dinner at home, but like every year, C picked out what he wanted -- steak and lobster. Happy birthday C! I know there are so many great things that lie ahead for you this year, and I hope all of your wishes come true. 

csbirthday1-0811
csbirthday2-0811
csbirthday3-0811
csbirthday4-0811
csbirthday5-0811
csbirthday6-0811
csbirthday7-0811
csbirthday8-0811

No comments: