17 August 2011

Relaxing

relaxing2-0811
relaxing3-0811

The boys and I went to Trader Joe's today. I don't know about any of you folks with children out there, but when they are with me, I can never leave the store without a few "extra" items hand-picked by the boys. And I admit, I tend to cave. I like to exit the store without shaking from the stress of having two kids in the grocery store, thank you very much. (True story, the first time we were in the Trader Joe's here, the H&C were fighting ... surprise, surprise ... and nearly knocked down an entire display of something in glass jars. Probably maple syrup or something like that. The woman behind the demo area shrieked!) Today on our grocery store field trip, we ended up with two cucumbers. Things could be worse, I supposed. As soon as we got home, they found their cucumbers and ate them. Or so I thought. When I went downstairs to check in on them (they were being quiet for more than 5 minutes, after all, which completely means danger), I found them like this:

relaxing1-0811

Nice.

P.S. It's just a facade. They have really been so great this summer. Just as I was thinking to myself that I never wanted school to start because I absolutely love being with them so much and hate the structure of school (and homework), they turned into complete nightmares. I'm sure tomorrow will be better.