30 October 2009

Pumpkin Carving

Pumpkin carving is not my cup of tea. It's not Brian's either, which is why we only have three (we shared). But I do love the final product. H carved a scary guy with blood coming out of his nose and freckles (seen on right). C's jack-o-lantern is a portrait of one of his girlfriends, E (seen on left). And ours is a pumpkin with a bunch of holes it. I was killing my hands using an apple corer to make the holes. Finally I asked Brian to help (because my blisters on my hands from raking last week were bleeding). What did he do? Came up with a giant drill bit. Brilliant! Just wished he didn't wait so long. Anyhow, I think they turned out pretty great. We are SO looking forward to tomorrow!

1 comment:

Marian said...

Pumpkin carving is not my thing either, mainly because it ends up being largely the parents' job X 4! I tried to persuade my kids that they wanted cool "polka dot" pumpkins like yours, but only Sarah went for it (her customary heart on one side, dots on the other). Oh, well! Happy fall!