28 October 2009

Observing C

Today at school, I got to "observe" C in his classroom. It's a big deal -- I had a great time and C was thrilled to have me there. I was so impressed by everything he is learning. He's come a long way in two years. His teacher told me a story about his first day of school, ever. He still wasn't talking, and she asked him if he wanted to do painting or stamping (as in, rubber stamping on paper). He stamped his feet. He barely talked at all that year. And now, he's independent, and as she says, confident (although, that was never really an issue for him). I'm so happy about that. And very proud of him. For an after-observation treat, C decided he wanted ice-cream. So we headed over to Hole-in-the-Wall, and made it for their last day before closing for the season. C picked his favorite -- a Spongebob Popsicle. I had a coffee from across the street. Unfortunately, we had to end our trip with a visit to the doctor for that pesky swollen eye he has. It's nothing. Still glad I got it checked though. Anyhow, it was a great time today.

No comments: