11 October 2009

Rob Thomas

Today is our friend Scott's 40th birthday. (It's also my sister-in-law's birthday). Scott decided, that to celebrate his 40th, it would be fun to gather the group of friends from Racine for a day of drinking, soccer, drinking, dinner, and drinking. They call themselves (and have always called themselves) The Bomb Squad. The Bomb Squad had a slumber party in the basement of a friend's parents house -- just like the good ole' days. I think it is so great -- and they had a fun, fun time. The boys and I headed for Racine too. H & C spent an evening with Grandma. I could barely get them to say good-bye as I left to hang out with Ali and Lauren for the evening. Many years ago, when Brian was in the band, a little-known group called Matchbox Twenty opened for them. It was during a time when they were on the road for an extended period. So I flew out to LA to visit Brian, and traveled with them a few days. That was many years ago, but Rob Thomas happened to be playing in Milwaukee last night. Ali, Lauren and I had dinner at Elsa's, then went over to the show. We made it in time to watch OneRepublic. Unfortunately, Rob didn't start until later, so we didn't stay the whole time. But what a great, unexpected surprise. It was a very fun night.

No comments: