01 August 2013

Milwaukee County Zoo

mpzoo1-0713
mpzoo8-0713
mpzoo2-0713
mpzoo3-0713
mpzoo4-0713
mpzoo5-0713
mpzoo6-0713
mpzoo7-0713

Over the summer, the boys have been taking part in the library's summer reading program. They have been rewarded with tons of cool stuff -- like free tickets to the Milwaukee County Zoo. We used to frequent the Brookfield Zoo quite regularly. But the boys have never been to the zoo here. And it's been years since I've been there, so with perfect mid-70 degree weather, today seemed like a pretty good day to go. I think I've been spoiled by the Brookfield Zoo. Don't get me wrong, the Milwaukee County Zoo is great. It just seemed, I don't know, old and cramped for most of the animals to me. We had a really great time though. H&C loved it when the cheetah walked right by them and plopped itself down in front of them and the train ride. I thought the giraffes that kept wrapping their necks around each other were funny. As was the orangutan that was covering itself up with pieces of cardboard it was playing with. But the highlight had to be watching the alpaca that was born just two hours earlier take some of it's first (if not the first) steps, as you can see in the photo above. I ended up taking the video with my phone (and I still have a 3G), so it's pretty low quality. But trust me, it was absolutely amazing.

No comments: