18 August 2013

The Underground

underground1-0813
underground2-0813
underground3-0813
underground4-0813

What an exciting weekend! Our house was invaded by Kindred -- our friend Melissa's underground dining experience. Melissa is a trained chef and food writer by profession. She hosts these dinner parties six times a month in her own house, and for awhile now, she and Brian have been been scheming on how it would be fun to make a guest appearance in our house. Two nights this weekend, Melissa created a 12-course dinner for a total of 16 lucky guests. It was so exciting to be part of. Penny came to help out -- and let me just say, while it's true we were very busy with the dinners, it was just so much fun getting to hang out all weekend with two of my favorite people. I can't imagine sharing our tiny kitchen space with any other people. The first night was a table full of guests Brian and I didn't even know. The second night, we knew half of the people present. I think it's fair to say, everyone who got to experience Kindred was absolutely blown away. I certainly know I was.

1 comment:

Penny said...

As a cool cat says, "minds were blown, for sure":-)! It was such FUN and I feel lucky to have been a part of this amazing event. I'm still on cloud nine!