27 July 2013

Park City :: Day 2a

parkcity-day2-1-0713
parkcity-day2-2-0713
parkcity-day2-3-0713
parkcity-day2-4-0713
parkcity-day2-5-0713
parkcity-day2-6-0713

Since the SRAM guys were across the way at Ride Camp, we were fortunate enough to borrow some of their awesome mountain bikes for the day and hit the lifts in Deer Valley for a beautiful ride. It's been a few years since I've been on a mountain bike, and I relearned some things about myself today. 1) I don't really like to go fast down hills (or in this case, mountains) on a bike. 2) I have an incredible ability to freak myself out. 3) Switchbacks are not my friend. 4) I'm really not very good on a mountain bike. But here's the thing! I want to be good on a mountain bike and I love the idea of mountain biking. It seriously was such a blast and such a beautiful ride. I have to admit, I started out wondering if I'd ever get down the mountain. But when I saw civilization again, I got a little bummed out it was coming to and end. I'd do it again, for sure. We were starving, so after rising off my dusty legs, we went to the only place available available for lunch -- the restaurant at St. Regis. After a ride with the funicular up to the hotel, we enjoyed a well-deserved pineapple mojito (and ginger martini for Brian) enjoying the views.

No comments: