17 July 2013

Heat Wave

superhot2-0713

It is no secret that I am not a fan of super hot summer weather. Last summer was too hot -- for months on end. I nearly went crazy. Don't get me wrong, I'll take a beautiful day in the upper 70s over anything. But after a certain point, I am, simply put, miserable. The last couple days have been in the 90s. In fact, my thermometer was 95 earlier in the day. Still, do you see what it says for our inside temperature? That's just not ok. I cleaned the bathrooms today. And the picture you see above was after the first shower! You should have seen what I looked like after 5 toilets, 5 sinks and another shower. It wasn't even sweat pouring off of me. It was water. Not pretty. It's supposed to cool off this weekend, and I for one, cannot wait. Because I have really been enjoying our cooler summer.

The boys are still having a great time at camp. C is spending the night there tonight. (Yes, all I can think of is how HOT that must be -- but he was super excited. Plus, I just got word that they are spending the night in the air conditioned lodge, so I'm relieved). H was supposed to go as well, but he woke up with half of his face completely swollen so ended up staying home with me and going to the doctor instead! Yesterday he got stung by a bee or wasp, and then he ran smack dab into a tree and banged his head. Either way, even though I knew he was most likely fine, sending him out in the 90+ heat overnight didn't seem like the best idea. Doctor said it probably is a reaction from the bee sting, so hopefully a good night of sleep and some Benadryl will do him good. He can't wait to go tomorrow. They get to use the giant lake trampolines.

UPDATE: 5:25pm - 97.1 outside, 91.2 inside.

No comments: