04 September 2012

First Day of School ... 2nd & 5th Grades

firstdayofschool1-0912
firstdayofschool3-0912
firstdayofschool2-0912
firstdayofschool4-0912
firstdayofschool5-0912

After three months of summer break, the boys went back to school today. There's always something so exciting about the first day of school. Plus this year, for the first time in awhile, the boys are going to different schools again! H started 5th grade, which means he goes to the middle school. His bus picks him up a good 1 hour and 10 minutes before his brother. Based on prior years, I was expecting a bit of anxiety, but he hopped on that bus absolutely excited. It was awesome to see. Finally it was C's turn to go. He is heading into 2nd grade. I was smothered in squishy hugs while waiting for the bus to show up. I could tell he was a little scared, and I really think it may be a bit harder on him not having his big brother around. But I think overall we are all pretty excited for this year. I'm crossing my fingers they are having a great first day, and can't wait for them to come home so I can hear all about it.

1 comment:

Jen O said...

Something very exciting and sorrowful about the kids getting so big. I am really torn by the whole thing. Just caught up on your blog and saw your posts about the summer trip and your activities. What a great time. We have to plan a weekend up there this fall, though difficult with soccer. Maybe November. We miss you. We miss you.