06 September 2012

Another Year

mybirthday1-0912
mybirthday2-0912
mybirthday3-0912
mybirthday5-0912

Today was my birthday. I hadn't been thinking much about it and was actually surprised when I got my first greeting yesterday. Sadly, birthdays seem so insignificant to me nowadays -- but at the same time, it is nice to just take a bit of time out and celebrate the day. I started the day with a run -- my first in two months. That could have gone better. It felt horrible -- yet incredible at the same time. Oh well, it's a start. Then I went and got my hair cut, and walked around the Third Ward a bit where I picked up some new new latte bowls bowls. Last week Storm got his collar stuck in the dishwasher as he was licking some dishes clean, and pulled the entire bottom rack up the stairs, breaking half the dishes including a bunch of latte bowls. Nice. Once the boys got home, it was carting them around to soccer and such. But then ... we were all together again and my husband and boys surprised me with an amazing dinner at Braise. C even wore his suit jacket and tie, which always makes my heart melt a bit. But seriously, c'mon -- all my boys are so gosh darn handsome. I have no idea how I got so lucky, but I'll take it!

No comments: