05 November 2011

Cheese Fondue Night

fonduenight-1111

My sister is a hunting widow. And the thing is, she's not the only one I know. It's a real thing here -- the dudes sure do like their hunting here in Wisconsin. I don't really get it. That being said, Brian went hunting every year growing up, and it probably is some of his favorite memories. Even though in the 18 years I've known him, he's only gone hunting once, it's still something he'd love to do again some day. Nevertheless, during hunting season, my brother-in-law is gone pretty much every weekend. In fact, when we were planning our wedding, he mentioned that if the wedding was during hunting season, he'd have a hard time being there. I think he meant it! True, Brian's not hunting. But this being weekend three of him being M.I.A., it's kind of the same thing. A few weeks ago when we realized Tim and Brian would be gone, my sister and I decided to plan a date. Today, she and the kids came over for dinner (cheese fondue). All day long the boys asked when they were coming. When they showed up the boys went absolutely nuts. (Christie, believe it or not, they did settle down when you left -- even after drinking the Coke you bought them). It was a great night. Being able to do this is definitely a perk to living close(r) by.

1 comment:

Brandon said...

I've never been hunting myself. I've been fishing a few times, and I'm lousy at it, so I don't expect I'd be any better at hunting either. I was stood up by a friend here recently on account of elk season, so I guess I'm somewhat of a hunting widow too.