16 November 2011

The Three Little Pigs

threelittlepigs1-1111

I recently signed up to volunteer for lunchroom duty and recess at the boy's school. Fortunately, it's for the fourth grade class. With the younger grades, your time is spent putting straws in juice boxes and opening yogurts. I basically need to get napkins every now and then, and excuse students to the bathroom. Although, I was a bit early today, and had to stop some third graders from throwing food and trading their lunches (a big no-no because of food allergies). Oh, and I did catch a 1st grader going to the bathroom with his sandwich up his shirt sleeve to throw it out. Kind of funny. But so far, fourth grade is not half bad. And I get to see my H, who still likes seeing me. In fact, I guess his friends think I'm pretty cool -- so they are ok in my book. As I was leaving my lunchroom duty, I ran into a parent from C's class (who was my sister's college room mate of all things) who asked if I was going to the play. Um, what play? Honestly, I had no idea what she was talking about, but thank goodness I ran into her! Turns out, his class was putting on a production in music class about the Three Little Pigs. And C was a puppeteer! He was so proud. That little impromptu play kind of just made my day.

No comments: