10 November 2011

First Snow of the Season

firstsnow4-1111
firstsnow2-1111
firstsnow1-1111
firstsnow3-1111
firstsnow5-1111

I was woken up this morning by H running in my room and opening all the blinds so I could see the snow falling. The boys were outside at least fifteen minutes before the bus was even scheduled to come, just running around with their mouths wide open, catching snowflakes. As soon as they were picked up, Storm and I set off for an hour long walk by the lake. There really is something magical about the first snow of the season.

1 comment:

Brandon said...

On the other hand. I talked to my Dad this morning and now that there's snow on the ground, he's probably done golfing for the year. At least he got one more trip in last week before it fell.

But seriously, while I'm not expecting any snow this year at my house, I didn't get to do enough outdoor stuff this summer (partly bad weather, partly too many small children) and the summer ended too soon for me.