19 November 2011

Epic

rakingleaves

For the last few weeks, I have spent many hours raking the leaves in our yard. It really hasn't been too bad -- beside one other weekend, I've only had to spend couple hours here and there. Today though, leaf raking was brought to an entire new level. Our last house had a teeny tiny back yard, so we come equipped with one normal sized rake and two small kid-sized rakes. I did invest in a couple tarps a few weeks back so we could drag the leaves to the street. Most of our neighbors are super smart and simply hire a lawn service. Some others have purchased the leaf attachment for a tractor. Not us! The people with "one of the largest yards" in the area -- per the description on the MLS sheet. We raked and raked. We loaded the tarps and dragged them to the curb -- no less than 50 times. My body aches, despite the ibuprofen I've already taken. But it does feel really great to have finished this. And I of course can't forget a big shout out for my partner in crime, H, who has been a HUGE help. The whole family basically pitched in this week, but before that, it was him and me and a few random moments with C. And I couldn't have done it without him. Hmm, I wonder if I should have offered him some ibuprofen too.

No comments: