23 January 2011

Smackdown

packersbears-0111

We were invited over to the Elsmo's for the big hasn't-happened-in-70-years Packers/Bears playoff. Some of the people in attendance were die-hard Bears fans. Others were cheering for the Packers. Our family was divided. Brian was cheering for the Bears. Hudson and I were cheering for the Packers. I've got to admit, I'm totally wishy-washy. I was pretty happy it was these two teams in it until the end, and would have been happy with either outcome. (Although, come Super Bowl, it's Packers all the way!!!) Besides some amazing chicken wings, pulled-pork and fish tacos, Melissa pulled off the ultimate smack-down. Chicago vs. Wisconsin potato skins. Brilliant! The Wisconsin skins were homemade beer-cheese and brats. The Chicago skins were Chicago-style hotdogs. So wrong it was right. And again, although there were fans of both I was undecided by the outcome. We had such a great time. And they even ended up keeping our kids who are spending the night (no school tomorrow). Thanks guys!

2 comments:

Mel said...

So glad you could come over! After all that man food and overnight boy energy I think we deserve a girls' night!!

Angela said...

Me too. It was a great time. Yes, I live in a man's world and would love a girl's night.