09 January 2011

Another Weekend

wkndhm-111

I can't believe another weekend is over. Those long ones really spoiled me. They seem to go by even quicker now that Brian is only home for those couple days. We spent this weekend watching Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. (The boys watched it over and over and over.) We worked on packing up some house stuff and making it all pretty to show soon. I have to be honest ... it makes me very melancholy. I'm super excited about everything happening, but we love this place and never thought we'd move. I hate packing up all my personal stuff that really make our house our home. And I'm not looking forward to everything that comes with showing it. The uncertainty kind of freaks me out at this point in my life. I wonder how long it will take (could be awhile). How uncomfortable it will be packing up the family and dog and heading out each time the agent says someone wants to see it (not fun at all). Where we'll end up in Wisconsin (that's the exciting part though). You know, all of that little stuff. I guess we just have to wait and see. And deal.

This weekend, was filled with quiet time and Lego playing. H is a pro at building the big Lego kits, while C just makes his own wacky creations. It's funny that how they tackle Legos it a total reflection of their personalities. H is a total rule follower, and C just marches to his own beat. But I think those Lego creations turn out great both ways. This weekend was also filled with play dates for H. In the past, he's been kind of a home-body kind of guy so the fact that he's so anxious to get away from us and be on his own a bit is big deal actually. In a very good way. Granted, one was at our house, but he and his friend Z totally arranged themselves. This weekend, the boys also started soccer. It's C's first time (he's such a second child, poor guy) so he was so super excited, and had a really great time. H had a blast too. So yeah, it was a pretty standard, pretty fun weekend. Sad we have to say good-bye.

No comments: