21 June 2010

T-Ball Trophy

H was thrilled that his t-ball coach stopped by today with his trophy for the year. It's official - t-ball season is over! The Nationals won only one game, but had a great time. Honestly, it was better than I thought it would be -- just quite the major commitment. He had a really nice team. His coach knew how to play up everyone's strengths and make them feel great. He let everyone play, unlike other teams who sit some kids out pretty much the entire game (can you believe it?). There weren't any crazy parents -- except me, that one time I told H to push a boy off the base because he was blocking the base and smack talking to my son (don't worry, H didn't hear -- just a few parents, and Brian lectured me the entire car ride home. I learned my lesson. Geesh!) I can't say I've every seen a bobble-head trophy before, but H couldn't be happier.

2 comments:

kswen said...

Baseball moms have every right to talk a little smack from time to time. Nice trophy, H!

Stay-at-home-Dad said...

Whad up Great Santini.
Next game, give this speech before the game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0EYtljBuwY&feature=PlayList&p=5F7E187F88C0FF78&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=84