11 June 2010

Blackhawks Victory Parade

Today was the big Blackhawks Victory Parade. The route ran two blocks from my office, so despite the drunken crowds that were already out at 8:30 a.m. and the heat, we had to check it out. It wasn't too bad getting there.

But when we turned the corner, we saw this.

Here are my co-workers. We were the ones not wearing any red.

After a half hour or so, this is what it looked like behind us.

Look! Lots of cheering. Something must be happening.


First came the trollies filled with VIPs. People like Mayor Daley, I was told. I couldn't really tell -- I was standing back a little ways.

What's that? Double decker buses loaded with the team! Now it's getting exciting.

It was pretty cool seeing the players come through.

And look! It's the actual 2010 Stanley Cup.

Here it is again. Held by Patrick Kane.

There they go, making their way to the big rally. I, on the other hand, was very excited to get back to my air conditioned cube. I will admit, I don't follow hockey. I've been to a hockey game before, and I really do like the sport, but I just started watching when Chicago made the play offs. It's hard not to get wrapped up in the excitement.

No comments: