03 June 2010

Last Day of Second Grade

Honestly, it seems like the first day of school was just yesterday. This school year has just flown by, and I'm not even kidding when I say the last couple months may have been some of the busiest of our lives. It feels good to have accomplished everything, and to also have it behind us. When I flipped over my calendar to June, it was amazing to see pretty much an empty slate.
Second grade was a really good year for H. He loved his teacher (that's her above) and made some great friends. It's been fun to see. I took the next couple days off of work to celebrate with the boys (ugh, don't I wish it was the whole summer -- that would be nice!). The school day was only an hour, so C and I hung out and watched the annual teacher dance. What a fun tradition! Then the boys and I went over to the library to sign up for the summer reading program, and finally to the park for a picnic since it was pretty much a perfect day. I think think of a better way to end the school year.

No comments: