06 June 2010

Twelve Hours in Wisconsin

Usually when we travel up to my family's, we spend the night at my parents house. It's not very far away, but just makes things very nice. They were leaving bright and early for Florida this morning, and we didn't want to complicate things by being there. So Brian and I came back home last night. We were not there long, but managed to fit in a full day! The boys ran around, helped Papa mow the lawn and played in the trees.

Brian went on a long bike ride with some friends in Milwaukee, while my sister and I hit the country roads nearby.

My niece came over and played with H & C. They think she is the greatest -- and she's a pretty good snuggler too.

When I dropped her off back at home, she showed me the nest of little birds at at their house. Crazy thing is, it's in a wreath in their front door. These are the ugliest little birds -- but they are so ugly they are cute.

What a great day!

(By the way, the boys were a little sad when we left last night. My dad let me know the boys woke up very excited for their trip. Can't wait to talk to them later today. What a great time they are going to have!)

No comments: