17 April 2008

Here We Go Again

Finally, we get to play outside again. It was another beautiful day, and we can't get enough of it.














This afternoon I had a half day off -- not to play in the nice weather unfortunately -- for appointments. First, H's 6-year doctor appointment. In the past year, he's grown 3.25" and 6 pounds. He's still a shrimp, but he's doing just fine. He did need blood drawn for his first cholesterol test -- and he screamed bloody murder and milked it the rest of the day. I'm crossing my fingers he doesn't take after me in the world of high cholesterol (I was about his age when I was first tested, and it's always been dangerously high -- hence the early testing).

The second appointment was a screening for C through the school district. Yes, we were referred back to speech therapy. After ten minutes of hiding and crying, C finally went with the early education people, and the screening did determine, that yes, he needs to be further tested for speech since it's delayed. I said I wasn't surprised, and that was kind of why we were there. Don't get me wrong -- he's doing so much better than before, and we can actually hold conversations with him. But he is about 1.5-2 years behind, I'd say. It's got to be frustrating for him. He was in speech last year, and I don't think it did much (may have even backfired a bit) . Plus the system stank. Seriously, as soon as it ended, didn't hear a word from them. I think they probably lost our files or something. And even though it was government sponsored, it was expensive. School has helped a ton, but he's still struggling. Thankfully, he doesn't really know it, and it hasn't held him back.

But it was a fun day, and we did get to play.

No comments: