06 April 2008

Fun Birthday Weekend ... Plus Some


H woke us up at 5:30 a.m. Friday morning announcing it was his birthday. He was so excited and I'm sure felt like a king that day, as he should. He picked out his birthday treats for school months ago, and was so proud of them (he helped make them). I guess they were a huge hit (see below -- they are essentially smores).

We asked him what he wanted for dinner on his birthday. We vetoed his first choice -- Lunchables -- but gave in to the second, which was the corner hot dog place.

The next day was the big party, and it was his first friend-party. Family came down from Wisconsin, and from there, we went to My Gym. H invited 16 boys from school and they all seemed to have a blast. The birthday boy had a smile from ear-to-ear, which made it totally worth it.

Sunday was a big treat for me. I went with our neighbor friend for a little spa day. It was so nice, and could easily become a semi-annual event. We got facials and massages at Joseph Michael's and then, had lunch at Quartino. This was my third facial ever, the last being nine years ago and it was amazing. Lunch was fantastic -- I've been there once before, but can't wait to go back. We even got to eat outside (did I forget to say the weather has been incredible?). Then we came home.

To top off the birthday weekend, H had yet another party to go to at ... guess where ... My Gym. You would think he hadn't been there for years, he was so excited to go back. He even did research and asked the teachers how old you can be before you can't have your birthday party at My Gym (it's 9 going on 10, by the way). Needless to say, we are all exhausted. H could barely make it to bed. C was being a total rascal. A even the dog is zonked out behind me right now. But it was a blast.

No comments: