04 November 2010

Modern Farmhouses

Today was not your average day -- I had to have foot surgery. I'll of course be fine, but I absolutely hate being laid up like this. [Although, I imagine my toe will start throbbing at some point -- but I'm not going to think about that.] To top things off, I am on my own right now. If it weren't for some amazing friends, I'm not sure what I would have done. Seriously, I dropped the boys off at The Frigs before the sun came out so they could take H & C to school. Then, Melissa, Amy and I loaded up in the mini-van and headed downtown. I have never had to have a surgery that I had to sleep for, and I admit, I was petrified. But it really wasn't so bad. Kind of magical, actually. I woke up feeling really very good. [Pain meds are great, aren't they?] Nevertheless, my doctor was very adamant about someone needing to stay with me to supervise. This was not in the plans at all. But my friends completely altered their day to play nurse. Amy worked remotely from my house. And Melissa brought food, picked up the boys and took them home with her. She also made us dinner. Seriously, can a person be any luckier than me with friends like that? I don't think so.

Anyhow, that story is a bit longer than I wanted. But the point is, I've been sitting on the sofa all day, going through some of my blog archives. Among those were these amazing farmhouses by Vermont architects Birdseye Design. Yes, please. (via Black*Eiffel)

2 comments:

Mel said...

You were a perfect patient!!

Penny said...

That's what friends are for, right!