18 November 2010

Turkey Trot

turkeytrot2-1110
turkeytrot1-1110

This afternoon at H's school, grades 3-5 participated in the annual Turkey Trot. Since I was working from home today, I took a little break to cheer him and the other kids on. H may be one of the smallest, but he's definitely one of the fastest. Four laps around the school on a brisk 40 degree day, he came in third place out of all the 3rd grade kids. He didn't win the turkey, but it was awesome to watch. I may have a new running buddy! (At least for a mile). I even got to say 'Hi' to C who was outside with his classroom cheering the athletes on.

Funny story. I got to the school and my camera lens was completely messed up. It looked like water got on the lens and made it bubble somehow. I had to use my iPhone to take pictures since there was a big giant blurry spot in the middle. I was freaking out a bit and was all ready to go to the camera store. But then I came home, looked at past pictures, and found the culprit -- C's lollipop from the photo shoot yesterday. All it took was a little bit of water to clean it off. Thank goodness.

No comments: