03 November 2010

Germany - The End

grmnyday111-1010

We had to leave the house by 5:30 a.m. our last morning, so were up at the crack of dawn. I have to say, the boys were such troopers throughout this whole trip, and especially on this day. We had been on kind of a strange sleep pattern the entire time -- staying up a bit later, and sleeping late (I would have to set my alarm for 8:30 a.m. -- we never, ever, sleep that late normally). But they woke up without many complaints, and were really great. We even made it to our flight with a one-hour layover in Amsterdam without a problem. The flight was really good -- we all watched a bunch of movies, which made the time go pretty fast. And when we landed, my dad was there to meet us at the airport with Storm, which was a great homecoming. It was such a great vacation. Yes, the weather was cold and a bit rainy, but it was amazing to get to hang out with these people who I really consider a second family. Even after so many years have gone by, it's like I never left. It's a pretty special thing, if you ask me. And I'm so happy I got to share it with Brian and the boys. I cannot wait until we see each other again.

No comments: