20 November 2010

Exploring Chicago

tourists1-1110
tourists2-1110
tourists3-1110
tourists4-1110
tourists5-1110
tourists6-1110
tourists8-1110
tourists7-1110
tourists9-1110

I have lived in Chicago nearly 18 years. But I find, that sometimes when you live somewhere, you often don't do the things that people actually come to the city you live in to do. The "touristy" things. Don't you agree? We decided to take a little trip into the city today to check a couple things off our Chicago tourist list. None of these are anything I've done while I've lived here. We took the "L" (ok, that I do everyday...) and walked to Ed Debevic's for lunch. Then we took a taxi to the Sears Willis Tower and went to the top. It was a clear day, and the views were amazing. Even though I had to bribe C with overpriced silly bands at the top so he would smile for some pictures, I'm so glad we did it. Before coming home, we walked over to the Chicago French Market and Block 37. It's fair to say, we are all pretty beat. But what a great day it turned out to be.

2 comments:

Mel said...

Looks like a perfect day! Did you guys get the french fries and macaroons at the market? YUM!

Penny said...

Looks like an awesome day!! It's fun to be a tourist in your own town.